Over 90 recipes for creating Rich Internet Applications with the latest version of Vaadin
- Covers exciting features such as using drag and drop, creating charts, custom components, lazy loading, server-push functionality, and more
- Tips for facilitating the development and testing of Vaadin applications.
- Enhance your applications with Spring, Grails, or Roo integration.
It is really expensive and demanding to develop Rich Internet Applications from scratch. Vaadin is an amazing framework that contains many ready-made components for the creation of user interfaces. Applications created in Vaadin are compatible with all the latest versions of web browsers. Although the screenshots in this book are from Chrome, examples can also run on other browsers like Firefox Mozilla, Internet Explorer, and Opera.
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" contains many practical recipes that we have gathered during the development of Vaadin applications. This book will help you to take your learning experience to the next level by giving you many solutions to the common problems faced along with explanations. There is even more than that. Vaadin 7 Cookbook goes beyond the basics and shows you how to build Vaadin application for real-world scenarios.
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" starts with the creation of a project in various tools and languages then moves to components, layouting, events, data binding, and custom widgets. Vaadin, together with Grails, is a powerful tool for the rapid development of RIA applications and this is described in a chapter on how to work with GORM, Service, compiling a widgetset. The quality and stability of the application, testing the Vaadin code, and data management of Vaadin is also explained in detail.
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" is focused on learning and understanding how to work with Vaadin as well as trying out Vaadin with other technologies such as Grails .
What you will learn from this book
- Develop a Rich Internet Application in pure Java language.
- Create a Vaadin project in different IDEs and platforms.
- Explore the new Vaadin 7 features such as Extensions, URI fragments, Converter mechanism, and more.
- Understand and use different types of layouts.
- Use build-in atomic components such as button, table, text field, and more.
- Bind model to components and fetch data from the database lazily.
- Work with listeners and events and improve your web application by adding server-push add-ons.
- Integrate Vaadin into the Grails framework.
This is a cookbook with easy-to-follow recipes containing practical and detailed examples which are all fully backed up with code, illustrations, and tips.
Who this book is written for
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" is for developers who want to create Rich Internet Applications with Vaadin.
Both newcomers to Vaadin and those who have some experience with it will find recipes to expand their working knowledge of Vaadin..
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Creating a Project in Vaadin
Chapter 2: Layouts
Chapter 3: UI Components
Chapter 4: Custom Widgets
Chapter 5: Events
Chapter 6: Messages
Chapter 7: Working with Forms
Chapter 8: Spring and Grails Integration
Chapter 9: Data Management
Chapter 10: Architecture and Performance
Chapter 11: Facilitating Development
Chapter 12: Fun